Growing early tomatoes is always associated with certain difficulties, especially if beginners do it. Experienced gardeners know firsthand about the pickiness of tomatoes, and why share useful information with those who need it. With good care and constant attention tomatoes after transplanting in the greenhouse will give a rich harvest.
Table of contents
Terms for transplanting tomato seedlings in a polycarbonate greenhouse
Keeping deadlines and good seedlings is a guarantee that the transplants have been done correctly. Otherwise, the seedlings will settle down for a long time, to hurt and bear fruit poorly.
Landing dates depend on some factors that need to be considered:
- growing region;
- greenhouse type;
- variety of tomatoes.
Transplant seedlings in the greenhouse begin in the end of April. During this period, the landing is made in unheated greenhouses from the film. In the greenhouse polycarbonate planting work can begin a week earlier. As for heated greenhouses, seedlings are transplanted in late march, early april. In the middle lane and in the south of Russia, these terms are ideally suited.
Problems in these regions will not arise, since the seedlings have enough heat for the growing season. In Siberia, the Moscow and Leningrad regions, transplanting ahead of time is a risky event. You can shift the time when you are sure that all the necessary conditions are inside and there is heating.
Proper transplanting of tomato seedlings
Planting operations begin with soil preparation - This is a very important process. If you follow all the recommendations, you can achieve success in growing tomatoes.
In order to avoid contamination of the soil by pests and diseases, it is not recommended to plant tomatoes in one place for several years in a row. The place needs to be changed, the best predecessors will become - cucumbers.
Mandatory measures for the preparation of soil inside greenhouses:
- Required make nutrients, which are contained in universal fertilizers or humus.
- So that during the winter the soil is saturated with useful substances, the preparatory work begins in the fall.
- In the loosened bed in the fall add organic fertilizers. For every 1 m² will need 8-9 kg of fertilizer.
- In the spring, the soil is loosened, according to the recommendations specified by the manufacturer, superphosphate and potassium sulphate are added.
- If the soil has an increased acidity, add wood ash.
Tomato bushes are transplanted when the greenhouse soil reaches the temperature 15-16 degreesaround the beginning of May.To speed up this process, in addition the soil can be covered with a film. The sun will warm up the greenhouse, and covering material will allow the soil to warm up faster.
If the greenhouse with heating - these measures are not required. Additional heating will create a comfortable environment for early vegetables.
You can get an early harvest through agrotechnical methods of speeding up the ovary and ripening.
Tips for preparing the greenhouse for planting
Preparatory work for the new season must begin in the fall. During the vegetative season, many pests and diseases accumulate inside the greenhouse. If they are not destroyed, they will begin to destroy the planted vegetables with new forces.
Preparations for the new season consist of the following stages:
- removal of plant residues from the greenhouse;
- remove supports (twine), which were tied up with plants;
- partially top layer or completely replace the soil;
- to produce processing greenhouses with a solution of hydrated bleach;
- conduct disinfection inside drugs Climate or Fas;
- metal greenhouses to avoid corrosion to color;
- wooden parts to process 5% solution of ferrous sulfate;
- unglazed greenhouses cover with a film, eliminate damage;
- The final stage of the preparatory work is soil preparation.
Processing beds and soil
The content of the beds is changed or partially filled with new soil to the depth 10 cm, disarm the land, loosen and fertilize. Check the integrity of fences, if any. The bed should be fully prepared for planting seedlings.
If the greenhouse is made of glass or polycarbonate and is heated, it is possible to transplant tomatoes much more. before the indicated deadlines (upon the occurrence of stable weather). Therefore, it is so important to carry out preparatory work on the beds in advance, before transplanting the seedlings, so that everything will be ready in the spring.
Preparing seedlings for planting
- Tomato seedlings in 7-10 days before moving to feed fertilizer.
- It is necessary to provide airing for the bushes. 3-4 daysso that the plants get used to non-indoor conditions.
- 1-2 days water well before planting so that the soil is well hydrated.Thus, it will be easier to go out of the soil roots.
- Put the boxes with bushes for a few hours inside the greenhouse so that it gets used to the new conditions.
According to the advice, the best varieties of tomatoes for greenhouse cultivation in the far northern regions - VerliokaThe arctic Yamal, in the south of the country - Taman, pink Salad, Shiva.
What scheme can be transplanted
Most often the beds inside greenhouses are organized along, their width is 0.5-1 m. The number of beds depends on the size of the greenhouse. Between the beds should be a passage. As for the planting scheme, it depends on the variety of tomatoes.
- Low-growing bushes are transplanted according to the type of chess order. Row spacing 0.5 mbushes 30-35 cm.
- Shrubs that have one stem (determinant and stem varieties) can be planted thicker in the distance not less than 20 cm.
- Tall bushes love chess order, the distance between plants should be 70-80 cm.
Conventional varieties are traditionally planted at a distance from each other. 35 cm. Be attentive to the scheme, too densely planted bushes will not give a good harvest, they can rot or get sick.
How to spud tomato
Spud tomatoes should be as soon as they take root well and start sprouting. Earlier this hilling can not be done, because you can damage the roots. In addition to watering, tomatoes need airing and feeding over time. After 3-4 days the plants will need some kind of support or twine to tie the bushes to it.
Compliance with existing rules among gardeners at first glance may seem superfluous. However, as practice shows, the phased preparatory work for transplantation allows you to grow a decent crop of early tomatoes.