Every gardener wants to grow fragrant berry on his plot all summer. Make it easy. Starting planting raspberry, first familiarize yourself with the variety and characteristics of planting material. Choose plants with a variety of ripening, cold-resistant and abundantly fruiting. Consider the complexity of agrotechnology of different groups of raspberries.
Table of contents
- Description of the best raspberry varieties
- Varieties for the south of Russia
- Sweet raspberry varieties
Description of the best raspberry varieties
Let's start with a description of new and old species. The easiest way to grow ordinary garden raspberries. It brings crops on different soils, it is frost-resistant, it multiplies easily, it matures at different times. The harvest is average. The best varieties include: "Malakhovka", "Early sweet"," News Kuzmina "," Caprice of the Gods "," Gusar "," Glen Prosen ".
The main enemy of large-fruited raspberries is drought. If the plants do not receive enough moisture for development, the crop dries on the branches. Winter hardiness is low, frost -20 leads to full or partial freezing. Popular species: "Beauty of Russia"," Pride of Russia "," Mirage ","Maroseyka”,“ Aborigine ”,“ Balsam ”,“ Meteor ”,“ Orbit ”.
The repair raspberry harvests twice a season. Not exacting to the composition of the soil. Fruit ripening begins in mid-summer and is prolonged until frost occurs. Common varieties: "Brusviana", "Yellow Giant", "Bryansk marvel», «Polka"," Morning Russia "," Diamond "," Heracles ","Monomakh's hat».
The raspberry rammer appeared on the plots of land recently and immediately became a favorite of gardeners. The plant is 2 meters tall, but the support and extensive pruning are excluded. The species is resistant to diseases and parasites. The promising ones include: “Fortress”, “Fairy Tale”, “Galaxy”, “Tarusa”, “Giant, Bogatyr, Penguin, Glen Ampl.
Repair raspberry has a distinctive feature - re-fruiting. And some modern types are able to please fragrant fruits all season. Fruit ripening begins in mid-summer and ends in September - October.
Autumn berries are larger and more aromatic. Knowing this ability, some gardeners mow plants in the spring at the root. Growing over the summer young shoots give a bountiful harvest.
A brief description of:
- "Brusviana" - the invention of our biologists. The bush is strongly branched and high (up to 2 meters). The shoots are straight, there are few thorns, it is convenient to harvest. Brusvyan classic crimson color and taste with a decent weight (up to 12 grams.). Shoots are fully covered with fruits.
- likes sunny, sheltered from the wind areas;
- regular soil loosening;
- regular feeding;
- needs protection from sores and parasites;
- bending down for wintering.
- «Yellow giant". Harvest - 6 kilograms from the plant. Fruits do not crumble, tolerate transportation. The height of the plant exceeds 2 meters, participates in the decorations of arbors and alley. The giant has frost resistance and resistance to sores. A good choice for people with allergies and young children. Giant yellow do not cause allergic reactions.
Agricultural technology consists of regular watering and fertilizer, cutting after harvest at ground level and mulching.
- «Bryansk marvel". Ripens in mid-August, the harvest continues until frost. The miracle has a bright red color and elongated conical shape, the average weight of 6-11 grams. Collection from a bush 4 kg. The fruit is sweet and sour.
- the plant loves sunny areas and does not tolerate overwetting of the soil, its roots rot;
- needs loose soil, regular dressing with humus or manure;
- in July, add 0.5 liters of ash under each bush to increase yields;
- for the enlargement of the berries, the lower branches with buds should be removed before flowering.
- "Diamond". The plant is not tall 140 centimeters. No spikes on the trunk. Berry size 6 grams. With one bush, with proper care, they collect 8 kilograms of berries. Carries transportation and storage. With constant observance of the temperature in the limit of 5 degrees Celsius, the presentation does not lose over several months.
- planted in sunny areas, not falling asleep root collar soil;
- fruitless on black soil, and clay soil should be regularly fertilized;
- requires a garter.
- «Polka". Popular among gardeners late look. Yield increased. Fruiting begins in mid-summer and does not stop until frost. A good option for industrial cultivation and for home farms. Fruits weighing up to 12 grams. The color is purple. Pronounced aroma and taste. The plant is not susceptible to sores and parasites. Fruits do not crack for a long time, they are well preserved and transported.
- planted in sunny areas;
- the composition of the soil is not important, the main dressing;
- needs soil loosening and pruning.
- «Hercules". It is not exacting in leaving, it is frost-resistant, is not exposed to diseases and attacks of wreckers. The berries have a ruby color and sweet-sour taste. Fruit weight 6-10 grams, they are well stored and transported.
- «Monomakh's hat". The plant looks like a small tree 1.5 meters tall. Powerful branched, little shoots droop a little down. Fruits are deep red in color with an average weight of 7 grams. With the observance of the rules of agricultural engineering there are real giants of 20 gr. The average yield per bush is 5 kg, sometimes 8 kg. The fruits are dull-conical, slightly elongated, easily removed. The taste is sweet, with a barely noticeable sourness.
- regular watering and dressing;
- root thinning;
- removal of excess ovary;
- requires protection from viruses and diseases;
- autumn pruning at soil level followed by fertilizer with ash and humus.
The best varieties of large-fruited raspberries
Large-fruited raspberries are characterized by large sizes (up to 20g) of fruits. The bush forms many fruit branches, respectively, the yield is much higher than that of the usual raspberry. On each fruit twig lays up to 40 berries. It has excellent taste. The disadvantages include the formation of a scant amount of replacement shoots. It will not be possible to quickly multiply, and therefore, laying a raspberry, it is better to buy all the required amount of planting material at once.
Characteristics of the main types:
- «Beauty of Russia". Winter hardiness is average, it does not freeze out at 30 degrees, in cold regions it is necessary to bend down under the snow cover. Excellent resistance to sores and pests. It is a powerful, sprawling, medium-sized plant from 1.5 to 2 meters in height. The berries are dark red, dense, elongated-conical form, sweet with a raspberry flavor. Easy to break from the stem. Well tolerated freight. The average weight is 8-12 grams, the yield from a bush is up to 5 kg. It grows well in the south.
- «Pride of Russia». High-yielding, precocious, samoplodny grade. Fruits are red, velvet weighing up to 12 grams, juicy, sweet-sour with a raspberry flavor. Poor tolerate transportation and storage. Productivity of 4.5 kg from a bush. Differs in high drought and frost resistance (up to -30). The plant is resistant to all diseases.
- "Mirage". It is a mid-grade with high frost resistance, an ideal choice for central Russia. The berries are red, large, slightly elongated with a pleasant aroma. When fully matured, they are not showered. Productivity from a bush of 4,5 kg.
- «Maroseyka". Medium ripening is distinguished by the lack of thorns and a delicious raspberry flavor. Berry light red elongated, average weight from 4 to 12 grams. Productivity from a bush of 4-6 kilograms. Thanks to the dense pulp well tolerated transportation. Among the disadvantages of low winter hardiness and drought resistance.
- "Aborigine". Large-fruited variety (5-8gr) of early ripening. The berries are light red, dense, conical in shape, do not crumble after full ripening, easily separated from the stem. The yield from the bush is 5 kg.
Berry for Central Russia
Central Russia is characterized by hot summers and harsh winters. In this region grow all kinds of fragrant berries. But still, the best are:
- «Bryansk marvel». This fragrant, sweet berry is specially bred for the middle band.
- «Atlant". It has a high winter hardiness and duration of fruiting.
- "News Kuzmina." Large sweet berries. Yield is average. Winter hardiness is high.
- "An early surprise." Very early variety, with beautiful ruby, sweet fruits.
Types of raspberries for the Moscow region
The districts of the Moscow region are distinguished by early frosts, in connection with this, the best option would be remontant varieties with high winter hardiness. In this region, bear fruit well:
- "Diamond". A thornless raspberry with large sweet fruits.
- «Polka". The fruit is oblong, strongly aromatic and sweet.
- "Amber Sadko". Yellow, large, sweet raspberries. Maturity - August.
- «Hussar".Unpretentious, high-yielding, winter-hardy look. The berries are large, sweet, dark ruby color.
Varieties for Siberia with great yield
The following varieties are characteristic of Siberia and the Urals:
- «Orange Miracle". Large berries from 8 to 10 grams, yellow color and pleasant aroma. Remarkably tolerate transportation. Fruiting lasts all summer.
- «Bryansk marvel". Resistant to diseases, winter hardiness is average. The berries are red, elongated, heavy 9-11 grams.
- "Tarusa". Stam variety with moderate frost resistance, needs shelter. The berries are red in color with a strong raspberry flavor and weight from 10 to 13 grams.
- "Octavia." Appetizing fruits are bright red. Do not crumble after prolonged rains. Productivity about 5 kilograms from a bush. Winter hardiness is excellent.
Disease and pest resistant species
- «Polka". The most popular remontant type, fructifying until frost.
- «Hercules". Frost-resistant, not whimsical in agricultural technology, large-fruited variety.
- «Tarusa". Stambe view with large red, fragrant berries.
- «Pride of Russia". Early ripe, frost-resistant, high-yielding.
- «Yellow giant". Weight berries 10-11 grams. Medium ripening.
Varieties for the south of Russia
A characteristic feature of this region is an early and hot spring. Therefore, it is better to plant the bushes in the autumn, spring plantings do not have time to settle down to the highest summer temperatures and die, despite the constant watering.
- "Glen Fine." Medium ripening with extended fruiting, resistant to drought. The berries have a pleasant taste and a long storage period. The plant is not whimsical in growing, always gives a high yield.
- Glen Empire. Received the highest rating for heat resistance. The fruits are very sweet and fragrant, the average weight is 4-5 grams, but there are giants up to 10.
- "Joan Ji". Remontant variety of medium ripening. No spikes. Berry sweet without sourness, fleshy, dark red color.
- «Pride of Russia". Early, large-fruited type with high yield.
Raspberries late ripening
In order for the fragrant berry to please with its fruiting throughout the season, be sure to buy late-ripening varieties. These include:
- "Mirage". Fruits are large, dense, sweet, not showered for a long time.
- "Brigantine".The berries are delicious, dark raspberry color, with a slight pubescence. Productivity about 2 kg from a bush. Winter hardiness is high.
- "Dense." Winter-hardy variety with good yield and transportability. Raspberry berries, sweet-sour taste.
- "Capital". The plant is devoid of thorns. The berries are bright red elongated, large (up to 8 gr.), Do not crumble after full maturity for 3-4 days.
- "Taganka". The berries are juicy, fragrant, weighing up to 5 grams. Productivity from a bush of 5 kg. Requires sheltering for the winter.
Sweet raspberry varieties
All gardeners prefer to have delicious and sweet varieties in the raspberries, even if they are not very productive. These include:
- «Apricot". Repair raspberry with a sugar content of more than 11 percent. Berry weight up to 5 grams.
- "Sun". Fruits are sweet, large to 6 gr. Productivity from a bush of 6 kg. The plant is not demanding care.
- Tree raspberry. The maximum weight of the fruit is 17 grams. Bush height of 200 centimeters. The berries are very sweet and strongly aromatic.
To say which particular grade is the best is simply not possible. Do not be afraid to experiment, selecting the appropriate options for your site.
The golden rule - a great harvest requires regular maintenance.